Saturday 4 February 2012

5th February 2012

I'm not going to do a proper update kind of post, I'm just going to type about a very specific thing because it's on my mind and making me particularly happy (and kinda sad) right now.

I'm talking to James about cuddles, specifically during sleep. I'm getting all warm and fuzzy thinking about the amount of times we've fallen asleep in each other's arms, then during the night ended up rolling away from each other but then waking up to him wrapping his arms around me. It's such an amazing feeling. I mean, firstly there's the obvious sudden warmth against me which feels sooo good. But then there's the gentle squeeze as he pulls me close and all the love and comfort that oozes from him and washes over me... And most of the time he's half asleep when he does it so he's super cute and mumbles things.

That's usually if I've got my back to him. If we happen to be facing each other and I feel him stir, I love opening my eyes and seeing him look down at me, then shuffle closer and open his arms out for me to snuggle into.

I basically love any opportunity I get to cuddle him, but it really is the sleepy snuggles which are the most amazing. The silence and darkness (and cold!) just makes me so much more aware of the fact it's just me and him and our bodies and emotions and just yeah <3 I love it and I miss it soooo much...

No comments:

Post a Comment