Wednesday 22 February 2012

22nd February 2012

Once again, a lot has happened which I CBA updating on here. But most importantly, we've now sorted a house for the next academic year. I'll be living with James, Kit and Stoyan.

I'm considering paying the extra rent and sort of moving in before September... I really don't like the thought of being at home for nearly 3 months. The one month at christmas was hard enough.. And that was split into two weeks at a time.

I mean, I'd go home for.. I dunno.. One or two weeks... Then spend one week in Derby, maybe... Just so it splits things up. And then I'd also have more chance of seeing people over the summer instead of being lonely at home. Also, it'd mean if I went to stay with James in Yarmouth I could lie and say I was in Derby and my parents wouldn't have any reason to doubt that.

I am so glad to have gotten away from Peterborough at last, so it bugs me to think I have to keep going back. I don't even like going back to visit my family. I know I sound so selfish and ungrateful. I do miss them a lot, but then no matter how much effort I put in to visit them and to have a nice time with them, I always end up feeling miserable.

Derby is a really nice place and I've met some amazing people which make it even better. When I do my work placement in a year and a half-ish, I want to stay in this area if it's possible. I think going back home for a year to work would be really silly. Financially it would be awesome - having a job but living with my family so I could save for the following year - but emotionally it'd just do me in.

But meh, we'll just have to see how things pan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment